Friday, May 15, 2009

The NEW bakerphotos.com!!

It is so exciting to be debuting the newly-designed website of Baker Photography! Thanks to the talents of Pstar Design (http://www.pstardesign.com/), the internet home of my photography business is really fabulous! If you weren't redirected here from there, check it out (http://www.bakerphotos.com/). And if you need a web designer - Pstar Design is HIGHLY recommended! ;-)

Photographically, I have actually been fairly busy, which is always a good thing! I have had the opportunity to shoot some really adorable kids - either in the uniform of their favorite team or their communion suits... I also took portraits of one of my favorite subjects - my son Liam. He is a fidgety little man so a trip to the park was in order. Promises of swing-pushing and throwing rocks in the lake are more than enough bribery to get him to sit still long enough to get some good shots.



Here's one of the better ones. He is just so handsome and can be very photogenic... it's just getting the timing right with him. And by timing I don't mean when to push down the shutter... I mean making sure his demeanor is just right... making sure he's well-fed and properly bribed (as explained above). At the time this particular series of shots was taken, he was full of animal crackers and juice box - he had some jungle gym time - he was waiting for a couple of friends to meet us at the park. The timing was perfect!

The others in the shoot were decent too. A few impish smiles, a comfortable hands-behind-the-head pose (his idea). Whew! I got his 4-year portraits done before he turned 5.
My daughter Gillian will be 6 in August. I may start trying to get hers done before June is over. That's right, I said "trying". You see, it is infinitely easier for me to photograph other people's kids... my kids, that's another story.
Photo ops ahead include my first game at the new Yankee Stadium... Memorial Day (including the local parade) and various fun pre-summer events. Come on back here every once in a while!

No comments: